When you are the parent of a teenager who you suspect is using drugs, you can visit an urgent care center to request a 10-panel rapid drug test. Employers can also demand these types of tests when you are injured at work, and a law official can demand this type of drug screening when a driver is involved in an accident. Probation officers and drug rehabilitation counselors can have clients screened for drugs to determine if an individual is breaking the terms required by the courts. A 10-panel drug test is easy to perform by collecting urine or blood.
A 10-panel drug test screens for illegal drugs in addition to prescription medications. This type of test will check for these drugs:
- Quaaludes – a hypnotic drug
- Propoxyphene – an opioid drug that is addictive
- Methadone – an addictive pain-relieving medication
- Barbiturates – depresses the body’s central nervous system
- Benzodiazepines – a psychoactive drug
- Opiates – a highly addictive and popular category of drugs
- Amphetamines – a mood-altering stimulant
- PCP – an anesthetic that is used illegally
- Marijuana – a psychoactive drug that is derived from a plant
- Cocaine – a stimulate that is smoked, inhaled, or snorted
While it is possible that you have a prescription for painkillers, an employer can still demand a 10-panel rapid drug screen test. Prescription medications can cause impaired mental and physical reactions while you are working with patients or machinery. You may have signed an agreement with your employer concerning routine drug testing at any time, but if you are injured at work, then an employer is more likely to demand a 10-panel rapid drug test. These types of agreements are designed for deterring you from drug use at any time.
A physician can also use saliva, breath, perspiration, or other body fluids to test for drugs that are part of the 10-panel screening. In some cases, this type of test can determine the presence of drugs that were used several weeks before rather than only in the past 24 hours. Urinalysis is the most popular form of drug testing because it is noninvasive, and it is also inexpensive. After a basic screening for certain classes of drugs, there are specific tests available to learn the particular type of drug that is in a patient’s body.
If you are need of a drug test then come into WellCare Urgent Care Center to learn more about the 10 panel rapid drug testing.